View Single Post
Old July 15 2009, 05:36 PM   #56
J. Allen
Muy Caliente

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Jennifer's Body???

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
True, but it doesn't take a whole lot of acting talent to be successful in Hollywood. Ask Keanu Reeves.
Actually, I believe Keanu Reeves is a fine actor. He fills a niche role. Seriously.
When you need a character who has to convey a sense of detachment or non-emotionalism, you can't beat Reeves.

For example, The Day The Earth Stood Still. Now, I'm a huge fan of the original, the classic (best) one. I also adore Michael Rennie's Klaatu, but I do give Reeves a lot of credit. When I watched the new movie, while I feel they wasted many potential moments, for me, Reeves' Klaatu was perfect. He felt alien, detached, unearthly, and Reeves portrayed that feeling extraordinarily well. He's the current master of the stone face, and that takes real skill.

J.