Old July 15 2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Damar
Re: July Challenge Entry--A Stone's Throw Away

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Nerys, outta curiosity...have you considered writing pro-Trek?
Before everything started to fall into one novel-continuity...yes. But now that it's all under one continuity, one that has taken directions I do not agree with...absolutely NOT. I want the kind of creative freedom that no longer exists if you write the officially-licensed stuff.
What about writing in the Abramsverse? There's a whole new continuity there.
That's an good notion actually. (And I think NG has already touch upon it)
I do have my own ideas for the new time line, but give the rate at which I write it may be some time before they come to fruition.

I also own a huge apology to Neryrs Ghemor for not commenting on this fine piece of writing. The way that you have managed to capture the dichotomy of duty to the state (either willingly or coerced) and to the family is a testament to your impeccable skills as an author.
I believe that it was once said by one of our most famous poets that there are times that try men's souls, I think that for Berat this was one of those make or break times in his short life.
It definitely makes Gul Tyben Berat one of the most inspirational Cardassians in the trekverse.

Finally I want to join the chorus urging you to write the next great Cardassian novel.

Thor Damar is offline   Reply With Quote