View Single Post
Old July 12 2009, 04:37 PM   #138
Mal
Rear Admiral

Re: Firefly worth it?

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
What makes Firefly so superior in realism than Trek is exactly such a scene..

*snip*

And that's exactly why DS9 is the best Trek show ever!

But do you think Mal would have thought twice about luring in a third fraction in the Independence War to fight against the Alliance?
So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover up the crimes of other men. I was an accessory to murder. But most damning of all... I think I can live with it... And if I had to do it all over again... I would. Garak was right about one thing – a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant.

- the sisko.

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Hell.. he'd probably advertise it and smile from ear to ear
i don't think he smiled. he did what he thought was right because he believed. lots of innocent reavers died. he lost book and wash along the way. i don't think he smiled.

Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I’m asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten, they’ll swing back to the belief that they can make people…better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave.