Old July 12 2009, 12:48 AM   #212
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: 2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers

Sci wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post

In other words, you're making an assumption with no facts to back it up. Gotcha.
Do a little research from time to time.
It is the obligation of the person making the claim to provide research to support his claims, not the obligation of the person to whom he is making his claim.

Show me some actual evidence that in-house licensees have an unfair advantage over other potential licensees and that an in-house licensee has to really mess things up to lose their license -- and that, by implication, in-house licensees do not gain and then keep the license by planning and producing higher-quality work in comparison to other potential licensees -- and I'll buy what you're selling.

Otherwise, you are talking out of your ass.
Investigate the relationship between the Atlanta Braves and WTBS which were both owned by Ted Turner. Or the Chicago Cubs and WGN which were both owned by Tribune. Other stations were locked out of the right to broadcast games for decades because of the way ownership worked.

Yeah, TBS paid X amount of dollars every year to broadcast games when no actual cash exchanged hands and the Braves controlled the content being delivered by TBS.