View Single Post
Old July 11 2009, 07:27 PM   #162
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Re: Misc - Several issues - Misc Posters Read!

To be honest this all seems like a giant load of bollocks to me. There are far worse examples of sexism on this board in general threads about the place than most of these out of context quotes. Sure they might not be as eye catchingly creepy, but there are some whiney, bitchy bastards out there who make threads feel far more uncomfortable continually posting their opinions of stars they don't like.

I've been pulled up by poster a few times for sarcasm that they mistook for seriousness, so I can easily see how out of context comments can be twisted to look bad, hell even in context, but surely in a discussion you can ask what is meant by it before thinking you're dealing with a wanker.

Personally I think the main rule we need instating is "Don't be an arsehole" and if there's any problems deal with them as they arise, not pre-emptively try and squash problems.