View Single Post
Old July 11 2009, 03:16 PM   #205
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: 2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Usually in-house subsidiaries have a leg up on the competition when it comes to licensing. Which is why I don't find the 1979 remark impressive. An in-house company has to 'screw the pooch' pretty badly to have the license taken away.
If the recent Superman litigation is anything to go by, a licensee, even one in-house, still has to pay fair market value for the property.
Of course. But then the profits and control of said property also stay in house.

Sci wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post

Negatory. Simon & Schuster is a subsidiary of CBS Corporation, the corporation which owns CBS Studios, which in turn owns Star Trek and its trademarks.

Same difference. Usually in-house subsidiaries have a leg up on the competition when it comes to licensing. Which is why I don't find the 1979 remark impressive. An in-house company has to 'screw the pooch' pretty badly to have the license taken away.
In other words, you're making an assumption with no facts to back it up. Gotcha.
Do a little research from time to time.

BillJ - New Frontier: Treason is being reprinted in mmpb.

Just thought I'd make sure you were aware of that.
Just saw it on TrekMovie. Which was all I was asking for to begin with. Though I could have sworn one poster mentioning the great things about Trades was that they weren't going to be taking up MMPB slots.