View Single Post
Old July 11 2009, 10:31 AM   #192
chrisspringob
Commodore

Re: Farscape - anything I need to know?

IcecreamLtDan wrote: View Post
Harvey wrote: View Post
IcecreamLtDan wrote: View Post
Sci-Fi pulled the plug on the show part way through the 4th season, even with that, the shows writers didn't change the end of the 4th season, hoping that somehow the show would continue.
That's not how I understand it. From what I've read in interviews, the producers were going back and forth from renewal to cancellation all the way up to the filming of the final episode--as documented in David Kemper's impromptu speech announcing the cancellation during the filming of "Bad Timing," which came as a surprise to everybody.
Harvey, I'm just going by when I heard the show was cancelled and when the episodes aired here in the states. On Sept. 6th '02 David Kemper and others stated that the show had been cancelled. I'm not sure when I found out about it, but I joined the "Save Farscape" site in Feb. '03 so, obviously, sometime before that. The last episode, "Bad Timing" is listed as showing on March 21st '03, so that's where my timeline comes from.
"Bad Timing" aired in March 2003, but it was filmed way back in September 2002. So yes, the plug was pulled just as they were filming the finale. There was no time to change anything.
chrisspringob is offline   Reply With Quote