View Single Post
Old July 10 2009, 02:57 PM   #100
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Misc - Several issues - Misc Posters Read!

Camelopard wrote: View Post
Frankly, we'd be stronger without you.
I could easily repeat everything you just said in terms of the moaning the women and the people who agree with them on this board come out with every time anyone says anything vaguely negative about women.

I am not talking about this case, the comments about Sarah Palin were way over the top. I'm talking about the comments in the thread I linked to, or people moaning and complaining about side boobs or stereotypes about women spending all their money on shoes.

All I want is an equal playing field. If everyone else shuts up complaining and being over sensitive about gender (and other topics like, as someone else pointed out above, weight) then I will have no reason to say a word.

If, on the other hand, we are going to be oversensitive about things then it has to go both ways. I would prefer to talk about other things and I do talk about other things but if I have to walk on eggshells just in case I offend somebody then everybody else can too.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
He is innocent until proven guilty... in a court of law. That has absolutely no bearing on personal opinion on an internet forum.
I know, I just think that some accusations go beyond personal opinion and cross in to libel, almost. People who make those sort of accusations are very brave, I'm sure, doing so on an anonymous internet forum. They would not be so brave doing so in front of the accused's lawyers. Freedom of speech applies right up until the point you make accusations that you cannot prove.