View Single Post
Old July 9 2009, 01:51 PM   #32
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Misc - Several issues - Misc Posters Read!

Just read the user names for the last few pages of the thread. All either TNZ regulars, or in a few cases (TLS is the first example I saw, hard to give too many examples since TNZ banning itself is rather hush-hush and not subject to annoucement or review) those that have been kicked out or left on their own. And hell, the quotes posted? Garak, Squiggy, etc.

If you want to make it more than just that one thread, can go into the recent Obama thread, and identify more gems from TLS and Gertch. There are plenty more threads to play this game with, but let's not get bogged down in semantics, hmm? Seems pretty clear it's just a TNZ overflow problem. Posters that have been kicked out of TNZ (or couldn't handle being held to the fire for their posts) have migrated here, and set up shop. Their regular 'enemies' then follow them in (can't let them "get away with anything", of course), and the same game starts up here instead.

And not to defend any of those individual quotes, but they seem a lot worse pulled out of context the way T'Bonz posted them. Most were clearly fairly relaxed jokes, until you show just that one snippet, without the rest of the thread. I sincerely doubt Squiggy is going to rape anyone's face, for example. Bonz would have a good point if that was said to an unsuspecting poster here, but when it was Squiggy and garak going back and forth, don't think either was upset by it. And if just reading that upsets people so badly, the internet must be a scary place indeed...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33