Old July 8 2009, 05:23 PM   #94
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile
Re: Firefly worth it?

RandyS wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Lindley wrote: View Post
What made Firefly compelling was that things weren't black-and-white----there were plenty of shades of grey to go around.
And that's why I couldn't enjoy it, because I generally don't believe in shades of grey.
Really? Then how do you relate to real life? That's one big "shade of gray".
Speak for yourself.

Ptrope wrote: View Post
How could you possibly have the same reasons for disliking The Matrix, when the "controlling authority" is not a government, is not a representative organization of any type - it is a literal parasite, feeding upon its hosts
Most people lived their entire lives without ever knowing there was a Matrix. They weren't slaves, most of them never even met an Agent, their lives there were exactly the same as ours are here. So what's the problem? I had a problem with Morpheus and his gang travelling all over the place and forcibly 'waking people up'. If I lived in this universe, I would willingly choose to live in the Matrix rather than the bombed out wasteland they called a real world.

Messianni wrote: View Post
The Alliance had The Operative, the Federation had Section 31. The latter is no do-gooder society by any means.
The difference is, the Operative was openly working for the normal Alliance government. Section 31 is nothing like that. It exists only for its *own* benefit, not the Federation. And while the Operative is presumably supported by the entire Alliance, Section 31 isn't accountable to anyone, not even the President. S31 is considered an enemy organization by the Federation at large, which is working to take S31 down for good. S31 is a rogue, terrorist cell, nothing more.

Last edited by Rķu rķu, chķu; July 8 2009 at 05:37 PM.
Rķu rķu, chķu is offline   Reply With Quote