View Single Post
Old July 8 2009, 02:24 PM   #167
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Opus Penguin wrote: View Post
Mallory wrote: View Post
If it's like any production I've ever been involved with, then the need for off-camera help is vastly greater than the need for actors.
Well at the time they were asking for people interested in acting in it so that was why I wrote them. I expected a "We have who we need" response but didn't get anything. I probably would have been willing to work crew as well as I have worked behind the scenes in a TV production before, but I just didn't get any response which I was surprised at.
Not to speak for anyone involved in the Exeter production, but I suspect they got an overwhelming number of responses. Sorting through a large number of responses is a big job in itself. Everyone starts out with the idea that they're going to respond to every inquiry, but it's a very difficult thing to do.

If you're just starting out, you might want to consider auditoning for an audio drama. There are plenty of those around and while there is competition, you might stand a better chance of getting a foot in the door that way, especially if you don't have a professional background to make you stand out early.

If you're interested in audio dramas, otrtalk.com is a great place to find links to a large number of audio productions. misfitsaudio.com is another place where you might be able to gain some valuable experience.

Best of luck!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote