View Single Post
Old July 8 2009, 04:13 AM   #193
LightningStorm
The Borg King

Re: 2009 Fall Book Preview With Covers

BillJ wrote: View Post
1) If you actually read all the posts, you would have seen that Allyn Gibson and I had already discussed this point. Reading comprehension is your friend.

2) You continue to ignore the question of what makes a TPB worth the excessive price. Whether a movie is ninety minutes or two and a half hours I'm paying the same $9.75 to get in. MMPB are between 70,000 and 125,000 words and are softcover for X price. TPB are slightly larger in size, between 70,000 and 125,000 words and are softcover for nearly twice the price.

3) It is bad when a corporation exploits its customers. This is exactly the same thing as when Paramount was charging $140 a season for Star Trek. Just because you like to grab your ankles when Dave Matthews comes to town doesn't mean everyone does.

4) You're right. I don't have to buy it. But Pocket should be worried when they chase someone like me away with excessive pricing (good income, like to buy whatever has the label on it).

Plus you're the one who came into the discussion with the attitude of an insufferable ass. Might want to tone it down in the future.
Calling someone an "insufferable ass" is flaming. This combined with "Reading comprehension is your friend." and "Just because you like to grab your ankles when Dave Matthews comes to town doesn't mean everyone does." earns you a warning.

Comments via PM.