View Single Post
Old July 7 2009, 05:29 PM   #269
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

Christopher wrote: View Post
Okay, I've spent all morning putting together a drawing of Cethente based on Marco's rough sketch (Marco Palmieri was the Titan editor from the beginning through Over a Torrent Sea, if anyone doesn't know). Unfortunately, my scanner is broken, so I had to make do by taking a digital photo and doing what I could to enhance and de-blur it. So here's a low-quality image of my interpretation of Marco Palmieri's interpretation of Dr. Se'al Cethente Qas:

Try to imagine it with a pearlescent, silvery sheen. The sensory nodules are like clear, dark cabochon gems. I should probably have filled them in darker, but I only had so much time to spare for this. The leg joints are meant to be kind of a ball-and-socket arrangement, but it doesn't come through on this resolution (and barely would even at full resolution).
would such a species even wear a uniform? would they wear a sash or band with a communicator/rank/color etc? would they have specialized equipment for use by non-humanoid hands?