View Single Post
Old July 7 2009, 01:35 AM   #25
ronny
Fleet Captain

View ronny's Twitter Profile
Re: Do continuity errors/contradictions in TrekLit bother you?

Steve Roby wrote: View Post
It bothers me that there's one minute of canonical screen time for Captain Bateson, establishing that he has at least two female bridge officers and is not in the middle of a crisis, and Diane Carey's Ship of the Line ignores that. She just has to be consistent with a tiny little bit of filmed Trek, it's all she's got to build on, and she ignores it, presenting Bateson and his all-male crew frantically fleeing a Klingon attack. But there are plenty of other reasons I dislike that book.
Exactly. It doesn't bother me overly much if something in a book is contradicted by a line of dialogue from episode 36 scene 4 or something like that but when you're basing your book on a minute of film and you get it that wrong, that's just lame. There are so many things wrong with that book it's unbelievable.

That's about the only time I've been annoyed by a contradiction, because it's so obviously just wrong. Usually if I spot a discrepancy I figure "they just got it wrong" and move on since it doesn't happen all that often.

My Star Trek reading progress.
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote