Thread: NuTrek lit?
View Single Post
Old July 3 2009, 03:15 AM   #12
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: NuTrek lit?

If anthologies sold better, that would be the ideal format. Imagine a book called something like Star Trek: 2381 that told the smaller-scale, episode-like stories in the post-Destiny timeframe, using characters from all the series. Here's a Titan story, here's an Enterprise story, here's an Aventine story. Let the novels do the big, epic, earth-shattering. movie-scale stuff, and if you want to dip your toes in for a day-in-the-life, boldly-going type story, then the anthology is your bag.
YES!!!

Hey, while we're at it, why not make it open to all, like SNW?

Would be a nice opportunity to open a door for the aspiring folks, who wanna start their writing careers with Trek....

Such as...moi?

That's what I'd do. We've had big and bold and epic for so long, something smaller scale would be a nice change of pace.
No arguments here. When I first got into the novels, you don't know HOW MANY TIMES I picked up DS9 relaunch books and New Frontier books while having NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER of the beginnings of the arcs....

And those beginnings were long since out of print. I had to scour the library for the first New Frontier books--and scour the used bookstores for Avatar 1 and 2. *sigh*

Yeah. A few TRUE stand-alones would be nice....

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote