View Single Post
Old July 2 2009, 04:11 PM   #44
blockaderunner
Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel release dates: Thor and The Avengers delayed a year

Someone compared the naysayers' griping about this project to the griping about Star Wars never getting done. That's not a very good comparison. You see Star Wars got done because it had one person with one vision. Love him or hate him, George Lucas was that person who was able to get people together and get things done. Where is that person when it comes to the Avengers project? The person who is able to get these various egos like Favareau, Downey, Branagh and the like and to say "This is what's going to be done and this is how it's going to be done and if you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself with a churro!"? This is a massive undertaking, and with the will he/won't he contract negotiations not too long ago along with the changing release dates (which won't end I predict), this is becoming more of a "too many chiefs and not enough indians" scenario. Sorry to play devil's advocate, but show me that person with that leadership position, and I'll be convinced that this is moving forward successfully.
If God is willing but not able to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent. If he is able but not willing, then he is malevolent. If he is willing and able, then whence come evil? If he is neither willing nor able, then why call him God?
blockaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote