View Single Post
Old June 30 2009, 03:38 PM   #60
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (second time) - Not much better than first viewing, really. The opening scenes write a check the rest of the film fails to cash. Why the hell would someone whose only real power is to teleport try to go hand to hand with Sabretooth?

Dune Extended Cut (Alan Smithee) - Wow...some movies are worse than I remember. Some parts look great on DVD in widescreen, but this viewing I really saw why many people didn't like not only the extended cut but Lynch's whole take on things. I suppose I need to rewatch the theatrical edition someday.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008) - What people said last year, that this amounted to a big screen version of a stand alone episode, applies. Given that, it's not bad. Scully gets annoying in her contempt for the child abuser psychic and annoyance with Mulder doing what he always used to do. It was nice to see the characters again, but I don't regret skipping it last year.

Double Dragon - Hey, we are making a movie with a villain who changes shape and takes the form of other characters in the movie...who should we cast? ROBERT PATRICK! Somehow his career survived this crap. I half-assed watched this one morning. Which is half an ass more than it deserved.
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote