View Single Post
Old June 29 2009, 05:02 AM   #180
Gary Sebben
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek TNG Remastered?

Look, I know this is important to you. You wrote a lot about it and you're name is "3D Master" so I assume CG is a hobby or even a job of yours. But we pretty much answered which were which. CG is obvious in its cartooniness and often very easy to pick out. Now, I HAVE seen CG that is pretty darn good with proper lighting, texturing, and focal depth, but not often. It makes me thing that modelers thing the can improve on reality when that really just makes things look off.

And no, I don't find the last picture convincing. The particle effects look cheap. The runabout looks like its standing still. Both it and the E are in focus while the nacelle is not. And the ship just looks overly detailed from this distance.

The best pic in this whole lot is the #7, the model. Its got great light and shadow, great tonal range. The focal depth is great. Closer details are sharp, details further away gently become softer. And they didn't need a lot of software and training to try to simulate what they remember what reality should look like, they just let the lens do the work.
Gary Sebben is offline   Reply With Quote