View Single Post
Old June 26 2009, 03:23 PM   #157
God Magnus
Commodore

View God Magnus's Twitter Profile
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I kept an eye out for this. So basically Devastator's compontents are simply several vehicles and not actual decepticons? Does the movie contradict what this movie poster says?
I wouldn't say that. Think of the Constructicons as a "model" of Transformer, much in the same vein as the classic "Seekers" Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp were three identical models except for colors. Each Constructicon could transform into an individual robot and potentially become part of Devastator. On the ship, Mixmaster, Long Haul and I think Rampage were shown transforming to robot mode and then diving into the water. The same exact model of Constructicons were shown later combining into Devastator, it's just that we didn't see them go into robot mode first.

I thought the Devastator transformation was one of the most amazing parts of the film from an effects perspective. You really got a sense of the character's power and scale, and he looked like a big, brutal ape which works for a character named "Devastator". I particularly liked the way his head formed, and how he had to drag it off the floor, very cool.