View Single Post
Old June 23 2009, 01:56 PM   #82
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

Probert wrote: View Post
CTM wrote: View Post

FYI - Mr. Probert has actually been known to post on these boards from time to time. I don't know if he has actually looked at this thread, or my implementation of his designs in here, but you can find quite a few of his perspectives on other projects around the franchise if you poke around.
Yup, I've peeked in a few times and it looks like you're doing an amazing job. I would have liked to discuss the cargo area a bit but you were already pretty well into it. Incidentally, you might be interested to know that the turbo tube doors are curved in that area and your rectangular door enclosures are unneeded. As far as my sliding secondary deck and the adjacent lifeboat housings are concerned, those details are for another time... small points considering what all you've accomplished.

Andrew-
Thank you for your notice Mr. Probert. This is still very much a work in progress, and I welcome any additional insight you can grant me. The nature of this CAD model is such that literally everything can still be changed quite easily - and many things still will be. For example, the Turbolifts as you pointed out have curved doors in that area. At present, I am simply dropping in a pre-defined model block of the turbolift, tube, and square door assembly. This is mostly so I can keep track of where the lift stations are. I fully intend to go back and swap out these (and any others that require it) with more customized lift stations. I have also been letting the overall fitting of the cargo-bay into the secondary hull knock around my head for a while - and I'm seriously looking at either re-sizing either the deck or the whole secondary hull to make it work. Consider this a "first draft" (although a very detailed first draft), and if you are willing to disabuse me of any of my misconceptions or misinterpretations, I am happy to learn from the process - and make this a more accurate model.

Charles
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote