View Single Post
Old June 22 2009, 10:13 PM   #207
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

JD wrote: View Post
Trek movie announced back in 2006 that a new animated Trek series was in preproduction, but apparently nothing has become of it since then. Maybe the movie will bring it back up.
It would be more accurate to say that it was in development. Producer Dave Rossi (of ENT and TOS Remastered) pitched the idea to CBS, and they asked him to develop some test artwork and scripts for their consideration, but they hadn't actually committed to putting the series into production. They were just considering Rossi's proposal. And since we've heard nothing in two and a half years, I'd say it's unlikely to be going forward. Indeed, the very fact that Rossi talked about its details publicly at that stage suggests to me that it was pretty much going nowhere. Producers working on active projects tend to be much more close-mouthed about them until much later in the game. I suspect that he was talking about it publicly as sort of a test balloon, to see if audiences responded positively enough to convince CBS to go ahead with it.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote