View Single Post
Old June 19 2009, 05:57 PM   #30
Cky
Captain

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
i loved the first one and i FUCKING LOVE THIS ONE!

FUCK ALL YOU HATERS!

Jetfire and the Twins got a lot of laughs in my showing! Okay, I'm kinda disappointed Sideswipe and Arcee didn't get to do a lot, but what they did do was cool.

I absolutely loved Prime kicking Megs, Screamer and Blackout's asses. Even better was Primefire kicking Megatron and The Fallen's butts. Sideswipe's disposal of Sideways was cool.

The other thing that also irritated me a bit was the fact that Demolishor, Sideways and so many of the Decepticons never even got names.

Devastator is not the combiner we all know from G1. He's the combined form of six or seven construction vehicles, true, but Long Haul, Rampage et al are seperate from him, literally. He's after Simmonds whilst the others are scrapping with the 'bots.
Please don't get me wrong, I did like the film. Just in this one Bay has tried to force feed us so much pointless, unneeded shit that it's made the film (in my opinion) not as good as it could have been.

Going back quickly to what HappyDayRiot said about the things he liked, one thing did niggle at me slightly which is the exchanges between Megatron and Starscream. But the problem was, did anyone else feel that Starscream was just a complete pussy during the whole film? I loved the Starscream from the first film, and as far as I know, Starscream always secretly hated Megatron and Optimus because he thought their personal battle wasn't for the best of his race, and he wants to overthrow Megatron and take control of the Decepticons. I got non of that from him in this film.

But again, Bay went too overboard on this movie. I would have been happier with, a couple more Decepticons and Autobots, but not so many so we loose all character development, and end up having Sam shouting "OPTIMUS" every 10 minutes. Other than Optimus, there was no character development from any Autobot.

Sorry editing! I want to clearly point out once again, that I still thought this was a good movie. I'm not saying it wasn't good, just Bay crammed too much in to it. This is the Spider-man 3 of the Transformers series in my opinion.