View Single Post
Old June 17 2009, 10:41 AM   #70
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: Captain America... Spoilers

We all knew it would happen but yet i can't feel anything but sadness at the creative level of Marvel (and DC too).

This resurrection shtick was old even when i was a kid over 20 years ago but then as a kid it didn't bother me at all. Now however i'm disappointed because Marvel is just creatively bankrupt.

I know that it is hard to come up with new stories and new characters each year but if you are doing such a major thing as killing of one of your iconic characters think very hard and long about it and then either commit to it or simply don't kill him off.

I'm also sick and tired of the bullshit they spew forth like they know about this return stuff comics are famous for etc and with this death its permanent, finito and he'll never come back only to backpedal some time later and return the character.

With all this in mind the decision was easy last year to stop reading comics altogether.. i can keep track of the stories via Wikipedia if i'm interested enough and the latest developments in the industry (4$ a book??? Seriously?) just reinforces my decision.

To everyone who has still fun enjoy it.. if you can ignore or stave off the cynicism i feel towards the industry good for you. I'm done with them.