View Single Post
Old June 17 2009, 03:43 AM   #279
flemm
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Destiny Book 2: Mere Mortals - (SPOILERS)

KRAD wrote: View Post
Was that supposed to be a secret?
Reading the novels certainly leaves no doubt I gather she appears in Enterprise at some point. I'm watching that series on DVD currently, but I haven't encountered her yet. Now I'm looking forward to it, though, because the tale of her long solitude and eventual transformation was a thrilling one.

Beyond that I was most impressed by the sheer mass of continuity that had to be digested and interpreted to compose this story. The revelation concerning the Borg actually manages to plausibly explain many of that adversary's multiple incarnations over the years, while revitalizing them to the point that they are intimidating once again, which they have not been for some time.

The accumulation of Trek continuity may well have become a liability in the wider market, but I was pleased to see it can still be a strength in these pages.

I appreciated the attention to detail. Even characters that were not and could not be the focus of this tale were vivid at times. Geordi's decision to stand up to Picard, for example, and Worf's reaction to his choice. "It was an act of great honor," or words to that effect.

Thanks
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote