View Single Post
Old June 16 2009, 01:53 PM   #52
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Captain America... Spoilers

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Noted that Jean wasn't a saint either, but only one member of the couple actively had an affair. With a stacked telepath who has a history of seduction and is an old enemy of yourself and your wife's. Scott knows better, or he should know better, than to turn to Emma Frost for marriage counseling - how about Charles Xavier, hmm? Scott feels ignored? Confront Jean about it. Your marriage vows don't say "as long as she's satisfying your carnal needs as a man," they say in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. And if he's really so fed up and disgusted, he can divorce herm then move on to the next attractive telepath. The man who could hold freakin' Apocalypse in his head, who is lauded for his impressive willpower and self control, and who abandoned his wife and young child for Jean... couldn't figure out a way to keep it in his pants longer than he did?
The dialogue, if I am remembering it right, was not so much that she wouldn't have sex with him, but that she would happily parade around in her underwear with others yet she was covering herself up when they were alone. There's something wrong there. I'm not clearing Scott of any responsibility here but I'm not treating it as some huge betrayal either.

Honestly, I don't think he made a particularly wise choice either way. As both his wife and his mistress were telepaths and he isn't, honesty only ever has to run one way.

Oh. That's a fair point about not liking it, and one I'd not really considered. Sorry. And sorry about the Peter/MJ cheap shot, but good to see we agree on that.
Spider-Man is my favourite comic book character, even above Ms. Marvel. The only thing good that came out of breaking him and MJ up was the brief moment of squee! (the sort of fangirlish reaction us manly male comic book fans don't approve of) that came out of him asking Ms. Marvel out on a date.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote