View Single Post
Old June 12 2009, 06:32 PM   #276
David Mack
Writer

View David Mack's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Destiny Book 2: Mere Mortals - (SPOILERS)

bluedana wrote: View Post
Hi, there. I just finished the Destiny trilogy last night.

I totally need a cigarette.
I know the feeling. Of course, that's just because I'm a reformed smoker. (Thanks to my wife.)

I devoured it, and Mere Mortals and Lost Souls as well. Itís been a while since Iíve read any novel or series that was THAT GOOD. Like seriously torn between wanting to race to the end and never wanting to reach the last page GOOD.
Thanks, very kind of you to say. I'm always happy to hear from a satisfied reader.

(Thank you, Mr. Mack, for including those lovely passages where Erika attempts to contact her "lost love" Jon Archer as she reaches his time, and fails. I actually teared up. I know, Iím ridiculous.)
Now that the trilogy is out there, and has been widely read, I can probably say now without spoiling anything: Even though it has ships and crews from the 24th century, Star Trek Destiny is actually Erika Hernandez's story. It would have been impossible to market it that way, but if I'm to be honest, that's what it is.

As soon as I finished Lost Souls, I downloaded Glass Empires (as I said: desperate for ENT-related stuff) in large part because David Mack is one of the authors.
I hope you enjoy my short novel in that volume, The Sorrows of Empire. And you might be interested to know that I am currently working on expanding it to double its original length with new material; the full-length expanded edition of The Sorrows of Empire will be out in January.

I probably will read the entire trilogy again, from beginning to end, before the end of the summer.

Yeah. That good.
Again, too kind. Thanks!

Join me on Facebook & Twitter
David Mack is offline   Reply With Quote