View Single Post
Old June 12 2009, 03:46 AM   #33
kimc
Coffee Mod

Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Zameaze wrote: View Post
No it won't--sure, many men would pick Janeway because they really believed that they thought that she was the more desirable of the two. But, in reality, they would be settling for the best that they 'unconsciously' believed they could do.
I may be wrong but it sounds like you've never been in love before. Yes, scientists have come up with all kinds of theories over why people choose each other but the true fact is we don't know for sure. A sparkle in someone's eye or the way they walk and suddenly we're smitten - the heck with what anyone else in the room thinks. Or we could look over at someone we think is just a friend and realize "OMG, I'm in love!"

Is Seven the obvious choice for sexual desire? Sure, but desire alone doesn't mean love. Putting aside Seven's emotional state, the difference in ages, the fact he was first officer, etc. there was absolutely no personal chemisty between the two. After everything Seven had been through she deserved someone to "spark" with.