View Single Post
Old June 11 2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: Abrams and Cruise Reuniting for Mission: Impossible 4

Here's a description of what Stone's script was reported to be about:

Stone's script (is said to have) featured a straight-ahead narrative pitching Ethan Hunt's IMF team against a sentient super computer -- which has convinced the rest of the world IMF are the bad guys.
And here's Joe Carnahan talking about his version of Mission: Impossible III:

"Were we going to do something that would have kicked the s**t out of the movie they wound up doing? Absolutely. I'm not even going to shy away from that. I know the film we made was going to be better because I thought it was important. And the movie we were making was about private military and what's going on in Africa.

"I had Kenneth Branagh playing a guy who's based on Timothy McVeigh. And I think the cast that we had--Ken, Carrie-Anne Moss, Scarlett Johansson--that's the biggest heartbreak for me because I saw how amazing they would have been.

"If you would have seen Carrie-Anne Moss move with a handgun after a month and a half, it would have blown your mind.

"And we had flat-out the two best mask reveals in the franchise history. Like those mask pulls dealt with major plot stuff. They weren't just these cartoony things."