View Single Post
Old June 10 2009, 02:10 PM   #22
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Re: Define Vulcan love. Sexual and Paternal.

barnaclelapse wrote: View Post
As for Spock/Sarek, I actually had no idea Sarek had the sex symbol thing going as well.

Even in the new movie? Really?
The new Sarek, you mean? Hmmm, not sure. I can't say he did much for me (he was, for most of the movie, much more of a crusty old guy than Mark Lenard's Sarek ever was), but I would be pretty surprised if nobody found him attractive.

But the new Spock is a definite yes on the sex symbol thing, of course.

RoJoHen wrote:
Sarek has always slightly disapproved of Spock's Starfleet career, but the new movie leads us to believe that this is because Spock chose against joining the Vulcan Science Academy. I don't think Sarek ever treated Spock badly, though. I'm not sure where you're getting that. He was always a very loving father, even if Spock's career choice may have initially disappointed him.
That's my impression as well - in TOS, TNG and the new movie. Lots of human dads disapprove of some of the choices their children make, but that doesn't mean they don't love them.

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
As for marriage, why is it illogical for Sarek to marry Amanda? Sarek loved her. She loved him. It also provided a way for him to learn more about humans for his work as Ambassador. I'm not seeing the problem.
Me, either. If nobody got married until he found a person with whom he would never be in conflict...well, nobody would ever get married.

Last edited by JustKate; June 10 2009 at 09:07 PM.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote