View Single Post
Old June 6 2009, 03:47 PM   #86
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: I Want This as a Star Wars Film Now

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
That would depend on the quality of the movie, don't you think? You think people actually give a damn about a few slow-mo shots if it's a good movie?

I loved 'Watchmen' (slow-mo shots and all), so the Zack Snyder criticism doesn't really mean much to me, anyway.
For one, I never made the Zack Snyder reference. Don't get defensive towards me about it.

That being said, are you that naive? I know you have been in the various grading/discussion forums here. People bitch about the dumbest things. I personally could care less about slo-mo/fast-mo, but you can't deny that there would be a contingent of people who would bellyache and moan saying, "OMG! Lucass is ripping off 300! and the Watchman!!!11!!one!! He's such a hack! Burn his house down!!!!11!!"

And, yes, the story would have to be good. But, we are not talking about that. We are talking about a trailer. Every time a high-profile trailer comes out, people bitch about the dumbest things. For one, Star Trek. Remember people bitching about the Enterprise being build on Earth during the very vague Cloverfield trailer? Or the later trailer that showed Spock attacking Kirk and people were bitching that Spock would never attack Kirk (even though they were presented evidence to the contrary)!

People are prone to bitching. I go back to my original point: If this was a trailer for a real Star Wars movie, people would rip it to shreds.

They're not mindless action by any means, nor are they lacking or too complex in plot. They're just sort of... dumb. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them, but that's not to say that they weren't extremely disappointing.

A film made from this could of course be equally dumb, but the comparison to the PT is kind of pointless at this stage since it's obviously not a movie yet. I just see potential to make something great from this.
If the comparison to the PT is pointless, how come people here are going on and on about how this trailer is better than all the PT movies combined?