View Single Post
Old June 5 2009, 10:20 AM   #73
Captain Fine
Fleet Captain

View Captain Fine's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Captain Fine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Fine Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Fine
Re: That's not MY ship...!

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
I'm still pleasantly amazed at the number of refit elements that made it into the Abramsprise. Someone's been doing their homework when, really, they had every right not to. I appreciate those details. It might also imply that if the timeline is indeed changed, Abrams Trek is at a technological and engineering level that's above TOS but approaching the movies, therefore technology is slightly more advanced.

Anyway... I want to like the Ambassador. I really do. A midway design between the Excelsior and the Galaxy makes sense, but ultimately the ship feels like it really was designed as if the Galaxy came first and then trimmed down with a few Excelsior elements here and there. It doesn't feel like a true vessel in her own right, but rather just a slightly polished kitbash, in my opinion. Almost there, but not quite fit to carry the mantle of the Enterprise.
Have you seen the original painting by Probert of the Ambassador class? I feel it's a much more elegant ship than the one we got. It looked quite Galaxy-like, but I really liked it.

Here's the link: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ambassador.jpg
That said, I've always liked the refit Enterprise. I grew up on TNG as well. And I like the -D. I also like the -E though. When people say they made modifications to the -E after First Contact, is it just those additional weapons?
Captain Fine is offline   Reply With Quote