View Single Post
Old June 4 2009, 04:46 AM   #9
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

Re: Romulus in Prime timeline [spoilers]

I have no objection to the destruction of Romulus. My problem was that it was treated simply as a means to an end. I guess Abrams point of view is that the film isn't about the prime universe but this new rebooted one so very little focus should be given it--so most non-fans would care less.

But as a long time fan I was disappointed that the last we see of the 24th century, of the prime universe and of Romulus is a 30 second at most quick flash of it being destroyed. I didn't like being left hanging like that. In fact, the more I think about it the more I'm interested in the late 24th century, the prime universe and the destruction of Romulus than I am in the 23rd century and Vulcan's destruction.

Frankly, if the Romulan civilization was going to be annihilated I would have much preferred it to have received a better treatment. I've always found the rumored idea by Maurice Hurley of having the Federation discover it was destroyed/assimilated by the Borg to have been a better sendoff than this.
startrekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote