View Single Post
Old June 3 2009, 09:05 PM   #2263
Psycrow
Cadet

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Id like to sift through all 100+ pages of this thread but I simply don't have the time. This is going to come off poorly here but it needs to be said. I hated the New movie for all the Same reasons as the majority of negative reviews Ive read. A few have chimed in to defend the Poster's right to have a negative opinion but the fanboys here seem to have the same mob mentality most other BBS's have and find every reason insult the poster. Seems that the Negative Camp is all on the exact same page with this movie so insulting one feels like insulting us all. As a Action Movie its fine I guess all the right elements that seem to appeal to today's movie goers are there: Cool SFX, hot chick(s), things blowing up, etc. This is a Vin Diesel movie in space (I really liked Riddick btw). Unfortunately the plot is horrible even if we over look the canon changes. Did we really need yet another Time travel movie? I don't care if I'm in the minority here I grew up in the 80's and I hated it along with Transformer's and the New Indiana Jones movie and several other "Reboots" that mutilate my Boyhood memories. Hollywood please stop. Come up with new IP and stop trying to cash in on old IP for the sake of Profit. Lastly I don't want to insult the ppl who liked the movie and one positive that it is accomplishing is bingning new Fans in with its "lets appeal to everyone" mentality but that wasn't my "Trek" and I cant understand why my fellow Trekkers are so forgiving of its faults.

Psy

Last edited by Psycrow; June 4 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Psycrow is offline   Reply With Quote