View Single Post
Old June 3 2009, 08:43 AM   #2253
Minuialeth
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Praetor wrote: View Post
The ONLY way I will support the reiteration of any TOS story is IF, and only IF, the writers can support the idea that a given TOS story could be dramatically updated so as to be differently relevant, or was in some ways a missed opportunity in the first place.
I'm not sure how I would take a TOS story with a different take because some things are different in this alternate timeline and yes, some TOS stories would have happened differently. I often think about what is changed when I watch a TOS episode.
This would have to be really well done and thought of, a very solid and clever plot.
If the writers as smart enough, IMO they won't go there.

Praetor wrote: View Post
"The Doomsday Machine" comes to mind. The basic concept for that episode is one that could be rethought and made into a good movie, without having to adhere to the script of the original episode. (However, I think XI was enough of a disaster movie that the next movie should be something different.)
Saw Doomsday Machine again a couple of days ago and like you, I first thought it could make a great movie with the nuCast but I think it's a bit too close to STXI: a huge ship destroying planets.