View Single Post
Old June 2 2009, 06:42 PM   #1807
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

...so Villa spent all last summer fending off Liverpool, who would buy Barry for 18m and not a penny less.

This summer they're letting him talk to City a month before the window even opens... and City have offered 12m.

Someone want to explain to me how the hell Villa are making sense of this? And if he goes to City, after stating he wanted CL football, well then it is simply the most obscene, money-grabbing transfer since... well, the last one.

And don't even get me started on this managerial merry-go-round. Bruce is an idiot for going to Sunderland, and Martinez will get crucified if he goes to Celtic and doesn't win everything going in his first season despite having at best one season of Championship experience. Much better off staying down here and working his way up with the Jacks... after we've got promoted ahead of them of course. And where's Strachan going to end up? Wigan?!