View Single Post
Old June 2 2009, 04:23 PM   #1802
Garak
Nothing's for freeeeeeeee

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Daedalus12 wrote: View Post
BTW Garak what do you think about Carletto making Stamford Bridge his new home? It's really a very strange feeling for me as Carletto has been in Milan for so long. I have to say that after 8 years I feel quite sad that he is gone. He could've brought us 4 champions league titles (2 is good enough for most managers) but of course his teams were always prone to late catastrophic collapses. It's one of the main reason why he only won one scudetto while he was here. The other reason of course is the Moggi era Juve monopolizing all the cheatings in Italy.
Honestly, I hope he gets to coach out all 3 years of his contract and isn't uncerimoniously dumped at the first sign of failure - I don't think he'll bring a CL title in his first year, that's pretty unrealistic, even the 2nd year is too. But you can't deny his success in the competition, that's for sure, and he's coming to a squad that's made the semis in 5 of the past 6 years. Could be a perfect marriage, could end up with nothing, who knows. I'm probably more concerned to see what he does in the Prem though - it's more competitive than it's ever been and you can't afford any slip ups. I think he'll be better than Scolari though, that's for sure.