View Single Post
Old June 1 2009, 07:21 PM   #64
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: That's not MY ship...!

M.Robison wrote: View Post
I always thought Ferengi ships looked like horseshoe crabs...
Aye, twas on purpose.

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I like the JJprise better than the original or the refit. Except for Main Engineering.
I'm sorry to say: I'm getting there.

(And with a name like "Skywalker" saying you like the JJ isn't helping those "Star Wars" conspiracy theories, me amigo... )

The Enterprise-E is still my favorite of the bunch, though. The one from First Contact, that is, before they got all "let's put torpedo launchers everywhere!" with it.
The *single* things I liked about the Nemesis version were the changes to the nacelle struts - the increase in incline and the addition of phaser strips to cover those blind spots.

On that note, I like the design of the Akira class a lot, but whoever came up with the idea of putting all those torpedo launchers on it needs to be smacked upside the head.
Sadly, the designer and the torpedo-equipper were one in the same, none other than Alex Jaeger.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote