View Single Post
Old June 1 2009, 11:18 AM   #63
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP
Re: That's not MY ship...!

I quite like the JJPrise (though I may need to see it more in action to make a final decision) and the refit versions of the Connie class Enterprise. I can accept the TOS era model, and even though I grew up watching the TNG runs in the mid 90s, I didn't see the refit until a while after watching a fair bit of the original series. I guess when you're young you're easily impressed by the prettier ship and I got spoiled with the -D and the -A at that age

I'm not sure about the -E. On it's own, it's a very nice ship, and the interior looks pretty sweet, but in a similar sentiment which other posters have already stated, I guess having the old -D crew almost shoe-horned into a completely different ship doesnt feel right. It wasn't as bad as the TOS to -A move for the Kirk crew, since it wasn't really a different ship, but the Galaxy to Sovereign move seemed to much of a change in feel for the TNG crew, if that makes sense? It probably comes down to the idea that the Galaxy is a capital ship, while the Sovereign is a capital ship. That and the old childhood attachment to the Galaxy

As for other ships, I kinda like the NX class after I got over the Akira-esque look, but I don't really think of it as an actual 'Enterprise' name holder.
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote