View Single Post
Old May 30 2009, 07:24 PM   #41
The Badger
Fleet Captain

Re: Starship Enterprise "Broken Bow" (Alternate version)

Thanks for the input, Admiral2. You've raised some good points.

In retrospect, the Travis Mayweather situation was somewhat over done. In the TV series young Travis practically disappeared. I wanted to give him more to do.
Looking back on it though it is unrealistic, and were I too re-write it I'd certainly tone it down somewhat. As it is there will have to be a confrontation along the lines you suggest sooner rather than later.

Personally, I find what I've written so far to be satisfactory....for a first draft. Lots of room for improvement I know.

Regarding the inefficiency of the ship, that's deliberate (on my part, not the ships designers). Obviously I didn't explain it well enough in the narrative, but Earth's current vessels are too small, too short ranged, too lightly armed and simply too old to do their job. The Declaration class was supposed to solve that problem, but everything ran over budget and behind schedule. It was a choice between an imperfect solution now, and a perfect one far too late.

As to why Earth feels the need to have new warships now, you'll have to wait and see...

As to your casting suggestions...
Tricia Helfer, well, I first thought she was 'just' eye candy on BSG, but she surprised me at times with just how good an actress she was.

Brandy Ledford I must admit I'm not familiar with, but a quick GIS revealed her to be hot with a side order of 'daaaamn'.

And as for Jeri Ryan, well I must admit I had considered eventually marrying Polly off to some one with the surname 'Hansen' .

Thanks for the input, keep it coming, it's the only way I'll get better!
The Badger is offline   Reply With Quote