I knew only two hours after meeting my future husband that he was very, very special.
Oh, that is so sweet. Not to derail the topic, but how long did it take him?
About the same. There was this mutual...spark
Just like you hear in song and story.
HR, not trying to be argumentative. However, I have read two Fanfics of yours where you have T-Pol and sim at the movies and T-Pol seems to be coming on to Sim
That's an interesting interpretation of the story.
In the other you have Sim in love with T-Pol.
Are you referring to "Preview of Coming Attraction" or "Overload"? In the latter, there is more of an explanation...at least from Phlox's perspective.
so I believe that you are a bit biased.
Keep in mind that the stories are told from Phlox's point of view.
My canon "missing scene" stories, such as the Sim series, are creative extrapolations based on what I see in an episode. My previous post is also speculation based on what we saw in "Similitude":
- Phlox caring lovingly for baby Sim
- no evidence that Phlox kept Sim isolated in sickbay
- Hoshi visiting sickbay to read with Sim
- a scene with Sim and Phlox in the mess hall, indicating that he might take his meals there
- young Sim's personable and curious attitude
- the deleted scene with Sim playing with Porthos (okay, you saw it if you bought the DVDs)
- Archer's log entry mentioning that Sim has practically become a member of the crew, and that Sim has been working in engineering with T'Pol
- the desperate urgency of getting the engines up and running again, likely necessitating long hours and/or double shifts in engineering
- T'Pol's line to Sim: "I just want you to know how much your absence will affect the crew...how much it will affect me."
- Teenage Sim asking T'Pol out on a date in engineering (twice)
- Sim's line to T'Pol: "You're all I think about..."
- Sim's line to Phlox: "You were a damn good father."
- Phlox's line to Sim: "You're a damn good son."
We did not see the crew informed why Sim was suddenly in their midst; my musings above are speculation. But it seems unlikely that they would have been kept in the dark about this sudden new person who grew inhumanly quickly and would eventually resemble Trip, and die of old age in two weeks.
I've read HR's fics, and she nicely captures what is represented in the episode: two confused people trying to figure out how they feel, what they feel, and why the feel it. (Having a bias one way or the other is not the same as being wrong.)
I'm glad you liked the stories.