View Single Post
Old May 30 2009, 04:24 AM   #258
L_E_E
Cadet

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Lord Garth wrote: View Post
Another poster suggested a thread of this type and I agreed. I haven't kept up with the exact numbers of membership but if you have joined TrekBBS due to the new movie, I'd like to extend a welcome.

Feel free to post whatever comes to mind, don't be afraid to ask a question that you think someone who's been around forever has heard 50 million times. Please feel free to spread enthusiasm for the new movie as it might even become contagious. If you aren't enthuastic about the movie that's fine as well, believe it or not.

I'd appreciate it if you took the opportunity to introduce yourself if you're new, or even if you're old.

I joined TrekBBS in the summer of 1999 and have been a moderator for almost six years. I'm looking forward to this movie, TOS is my favorite Star Trek series, and I've been a fan since I was 11 (in 1991 not 1966). The other sci-fi interest of mine is the new Battlestar Galactica.

My field of work is television production which has included news interviews, digital editing, and taping sports even though I'm not a sports fan. Once you shoot a game everything else is child's play, but post-production is my personal preference.

Hi. I am not exactly new to Star Trek. Although to be honest, I have never been a fan of TOS. I was a fan of ST:TNG, though. But after several bad movies, IMHO, I stopped being a fan. I don't think I watched the last 2 or 3 movies of ST:TNG.

Anyway, I did not really think I would enjoy this movie. Mainly because it's based on TOS and I was expecting that it would be another prequel type movie like Star Wars 1-3. And even after seeing the trailer, I still did not feel like watching it. But then, someone said reboot and AU. And that got me interested. So I did watch the movie with my 17 yr old bro and mom the other. And we all had such a great time! It was very entertaining from start to finish. The actors portraying the familiar characters were all great. Which is another surprise. My mom knows about the old TOS and my bro does not know anything about Star Trek at all. He thought this was another ST:TNG movie so I had to give him a brief rundown of the Star Trek basics.

I have a feeling that this movie has made new fans from new generations and revitalised the interest on the franchise for people like me. I can't wait for the next installment.
L_E_E is offline   Reply With Quote