Thread: Similitude
View Single Post
Old May 29 2009, 05:22 AM   #2
Peter the Younger
Commodore

Re: Similitude

Ro Boat wrote: View Post
I recently re-watched Similitude. As I often do, I read the Mem-Alpha page before watching the episode. I was shocked to read the following:

This episode was chosen as the #3 fan favorite in an on-line poll conducted by UPN.
Is this the general consensus of the fans here? I found the episode to be a little ridiculous. Even if you move past the absurdity of the method of cloning and its results, the episode seems to fail. There were some interesting points to be made, but the reactions to and level of interaction with Sim seemed out-of-character for most of the crew.

After watching the episode again, I thought that the premise was interesting, but the execution felt weak. I have a hard time seeing this episode in anyone's top 3.

What do you think? Am I missing something?
Well it sounds like I liked it a lot more than you. There are parts that could have been handled better, and if it were me, I would have used it as an opportunity to do something a little more gutsy and less reset-buttony. But the science was no less silly than a hundred other things we've seen in Trek, and I thought the premise was interesting.

Peter the Younger is offline   Reply With Quote