View Single Post
Old May 28 2009, 01:02 AM   #45
SummerDream
Lieutenant

Re: Fri, 8pm Join the Resistance - Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

nx1701g wrote: View Post
SummerDream wrote: View Post
nx1701g wrote: View Post
It's over. The creator of the show and the writers are already moving on to other projects as are the cast. Friedman - who controls the show as its Executive Producer - has said they were only going to go to Fox and since Fox said no the show is over. I'm glad you liked the show so much, I really am, but now its just getting a bit sad. Terminator is terminated. The show is over and its not coming back.
You are being quite silly now. The decision if the show continued or not was not his. He had no say in the matter.
The rights holders and Fox were the negotiating parties. Josh Friedman was there to make it happen. Now the rights holders still are there, Fox isn't. This simply means the show is now looking for a new home.
You calling me silly? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Friedman is in a better position to know what was going on than you are or anyone involved with your little quest to getting the show renewed. He has said more than once that Fox was their only choice because they were the only ones that could afford to make the show. Terminator is a very expensive show to make and produce, other channels can't afford it. The sooner that you come to realize this the better off you're going to be.

Move on.
You continue to be silly. If Friedman's name is so important to you, he called the show average in terms of cost. So everyone can afford it.
When and where did he say only Fox could afford it? Of course, as long as Fox was his employer he would not say anything to discredit them - or even now, it being his ex-employer. But by leaving the show in a cliffhanger, he made it obvious to every single viewer he would like it to continue.

But as for the continuation of the series, the decision is not Friedman's and the rights are not owned by him.
SummerDream is offline   Reply With Quote