View Single Post
Old May 21 2009, 10:55 PM   #1383
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

angel wrote: View Post
if you hate it that much then why are you watching it again???
I need the money to buy crack and this thread brings in a nice steady revenue stream by...

Damn, I didn't think this plan through. That's it, I'm going back to stealing underpants!

Seriously, I'm rewatching Voyager because I'm trying to give it a fair shot after years of poking fun at it. There are things about Voyager that I like, this season in particular has had many good episodes, and a diamond in the rough is still a diamond. Besides, many Voyager fans seem to enjoy reading this thread and I can't stop now in case they get angry at me and decide to report me to the police for attempting to buy crack from them.

Concerning Flight (*)

Remember when Abraham Lincoln teamed up with Kirk so they could kick Genghis Khan's ass? Remember how bad an idea that was? Call me crazy (and many have ) but I don't like like it when historical figures appear in Trek, it always feels contrived and this episode is no exception. The whole episode focuses on Leonard da Vinci trying to get to grips with a futuristic setting, and I don't want to see that. I'm more interested in following the piracy plot, but the episode isn't really about that, that's just used as an excuse for an action/adventure story involving Leonardo.

I see no reason why this episode couldn't have been done on TNG. I see no reason why this episode was done at all.