View Single Post
Old May 21 2009, 03:40 PM   #1966
indranee
Vice Admiral

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

J. Allen wrote: View Post
karatasiospa wrote: View Post
13 days after the release of the movie and being a trek fan from 1980 i'm more dissapointed with the fans than with the movie itself. I don't understand why so many fans liked this movie. Are the impressive visual effects and meaningless action the only things that remained from trek? And nobody noticed the holes in the plot? Where is the famous roddenberry's vision? Now all that we want is a lot of people fighting each other and starships blowing up? abrams made a movie that is more like starship troopers than trek. And the fans like it???!!! I can only hope that this will not be the death of star trek as we knew it allthough i'm afraid that this what will happen.
Come join our Trek XI thread in TNZ. We're discussing it right now. I just made the rebuttal that perhaps it is unwise for fans to jump the gun in calling this a great movie, and while some disagree with me, we're making headway.

J.
yeah, 'tis all good but you do need a bit of a thick skin in TNG though. might as well let 'em know that right away, John
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote