View Single Post
Old May 19 2009, 02:13 AM   #7
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: May Challenge Entry: Point of Divergence

CeJay wrote: View Post
An interactive story? Haven't had that in some time. Neat-o.

Even better are the two very distintict and different histories you've created and which seem so very plausible for both your alternate universe as well as for the canon Cardassians.

Small actions and single individuals can end up shaping the destiny of an entire race.

Totally fascinating stuff.

mirandafave wrote: View Post
Oh powerful stuff Nerys. very plausible reasons first of, as to how and why Cardassia became the place it did in either universe. I liked how it could hinge on this one moment in history.
Really well done. Tight writing with a simplicity and focus of its message.
Thanks!

Especially with Hebitians/Cardassians having that instinctive need to form and respect hierarchies, when someone paves the path ahead that's a huge pivotal moment even if the act itself (the death of one Guide out in the wilderness, or one act of collaboration) is small.

I'm glad you liked it--and to know it sounded plausible. That was probably my biggest worry, that people wouldn't believe these two histories proceeding from this incident. So I'm glad it works!

TheLoneRedshirt wrote: View Post
Very well written with wonderful imagery. Thanks for a glimpse into this pivotal moment in Cardassian history. And thanks for answering the "what might have been?" question.
Thanks...very glad you like it!

My other contest entries for other months come from the second universe (Sigils and Unions: Catacombs of Oralius). So if you're curious, I can give you the link to the series over at Ad Astra if you'd like to read them all at once.