View Single Post
Old May 18 2009, 05:00 AM   #184
Spacehamster
Ensign

Re: Titan: Over a Torrent Sea (SPOILERS)

I started reading this book on a Sunday evening and finally finished it at 2am Monday morning. I guess that shows just how much I'm loving the current Trek novels from...well...all the authors. Everytime I start reading one, I can't put it down until I've finished reading it.

One aspect that I love about the current interconnected Trek novels is how one author will produce a plot point and another author will follow on from there. One example is Ree's actions in saving Troi's life in the Destiny books is (I think) very nicely resolved here. The other the revelations about Lavena's past life, which changed how I perceived her character. The same goes for Cethente. I love how this novel fleshes out characters I really didn't pay any attention to before, and makes me care about and respect them more than I already did.

A few bits and pieces I wouldn't mind seeing future Titan novels explore: I'd love to see both Bralik and Dakal get the same attention Lavena got here. And just where exactly where is Melora and Xin's relationship going to go next? And most importantly, I really want to see how both Riker and Troi cope with being parents.

Definitely my favourite Titan novel thus far. A really great read.
Spacehamster is offline   Reply With Quote