View Single Post
Old May 17 2009, 11:50 PM   #1890
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

We finally saw Star Trek today for this first time. I've been avoiding spoilers like crazy.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much. It was very exciting, moved along nicely, and had great action and f/x.

I found the villian to be completely non-compelling. It was sort of like Shinzon and the Xindi joined forces. I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I'll bet purists are shitting themselves over more time travel and the timeline reboot....

I was really confused about where Nero was between the time he attacked the Kelvin and the time he attacked Vulcan. I probably just missed something obvious, but I didn't quite get that part. Spock's story of being drawn into the black hole with him and then getting dumped on the ice planet didn't make sense to me either. I will most definitely watch it a second time and see if I can wrap my brain around it all.

I'm glad the movie is doing well enough to consider sequels. I'll be interested to see if Abrams can get "the heart of it" right. I'm not sure he's there yet, but it was a promising start.

Oh, and BRING BACK THE GREEN CHICK!!!

I was going to give it an "Above Average", but what the hell. It was great fun despite it's shortcomings. I gave it an "Excellent".
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote