View Single Post
Old May 16 2009, 11:49 PM   #15
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

CTM wrote: View Post
There is much work to be done, and some of the problems appear to be daunting. I tried building the hull surface two days ago, and found I could not get the proportions to work out right. I will try again once I have all the decks in the secondary completed, and build the structural ribs and associated framework - from there I can plate the exterior.
That's actually why I've chosen to work how I'm working now... do the exterior first, then "subdivide" the interior into the useable spaces. Most blueprint guys, when doing interiors, miss a few details (proper head clearance, etc, etc) and as often as not, the prints will need tweaking in order to actually fit into the exterior anyway. So you have a choice... tweak the outside, or tweak the inside. You'll probably end up doing a little bit of both (in my case, altering some window locations slightly, mainly, on the exterior) but it's almost a certainty that the "deckplans" won't match the exterior, unless both are done from the same "virtual ship."
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote