View Single Post
Old May 16 2009, 11:00 AM   #10
Kirk1980
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Kirk1980 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirk1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Kirk1980
Re: Great Cinematography Moments

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm watching Star Trek Season 1 (Episode: Shore Leave), and there's this particular scene down on the planet where Kirk, McCoy and Yeoman Barrows are discussing plant life when they hear a gun shot out of nowhere. Startled and concerned, they run across a field and through some trees while the music plays the main theme. I love this sequence, as the camera tracks along side and in front, and gives us a sweeping view of them running across an open area in the woods. I just find it to be a great moment. It's the live motion scene of this shot:

And I just think it's bang on about the best camera work I saw that episode. Anyone else see any great cinematography moments for the original series?

J.
That is a great sequence. It's also humorous to me how long these trained, supposedly very fit, Starfleet offers huff out of breath in the following scene.
To be fair.....this was probably like...take twenty or something And the actors were definitely out of breath.

Let's see what's out there...
Kirk1980 is offline   Reply With Quote